• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Name this ARESTI figure

Dirt

50cc
Cam, that looks like an old figure from years back. The nomenclature of Aresti changed several years ago! The figure is a Bow Tie - starting from inverted pull to a 45 downline, do 2pts of a 4pt roll, pull to verticle, pull to a 45 downline then do 4pts of an 8pt roll, pull to level, exit upright.

I have a question for the aerodynamically inclined. This is more of a theory type question.

WHY?
If i am doing a positive snap, on the down line, complete vertical down line, no power, if I snap to the right, it is more abrupt, much faster, than if i do it to the left?

Although, my throws on the ailerons are same both ways, meaning, the up travel on the right and left is the same, and down travel is same on right and left, but the down travel is less than the up travel, as I have differential programmed in.

You would think it would snap left faster because of engine torqueing if anything but I usually snap towards the wind to make it tighter/faster if there cross-box wind. Not really an answer for you... sorry Cam :face-palm:

Tom Wheeler told me what it is:

"Cam, If you have everything equal for left and right rolls including equal differential, then generally speaking, as long as your engine is running, the props spiral slipstream and rotational mass will make any stalled autorotation, i.e. spin or snap to the right more effective. Because of this, some will program their snap conditions so you have different travel for left positive and negative and different travel for right positive and negative.

Tom"

quick question for the gurus...

In the intermediate sequence, there is a down loop, with a half roll in the bottom, then push to exit upright.

Ok, here is my question...

when performing the half roll in the bottom,

let's say I want to do a slow roll, but still maintain the radius of the loop.

Judging question is

??

where you start the roll, let's say 8 o'clock (going counter-clockwise)

will there be points taken off if the roll is done by let's say 6 or 5 o'clock?

meaning, it is not centered?

Cam, not one of the gurus but in short, yes. As I understand things, the beginning and end of the roll element are to be centered, in your case, at 6 o' clock. So, I think your assumption is correct based on the way you asked your question. You're supposed to start and finish the same distance from the center. Half point for every five degrees off center... We have a down loop in advanced too but 1 1/2 positive snap at the bottom and push to the top.... It can get a little sloppy down there depending on how deep the snap gets...