• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My new 72" 3DHS Extra 330

teookie

70cc twin V2
Really???

Yup, really. I have same plane, same engine, but I have the smaller fortitude tank (8oz?). I set my timer for 12 minutes and it's activated by the ignition switch so it counts the time it takes to choke/start the engine and taxi to the runway. So I'm probably flying for a solid 10 minutes. I land with enough gas leftover for several go-arounds.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Yup, really. I have same plane, same engine, but I have the smaller fortitude tank (8oz?). I set my timer for 12 minutes and it's activated by the ignition switch so it counts the time it takes to choke/start the engine and taxi to the runway. So I'm probably flying for a solid 10 minutes. I land with enough gas leftover for several go-arounds.

Awesomeness

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348861814.978084.jpgpacking up the car. Might maiden her today, btw her name Skully :D

njswede

150cc
Best of luck! Give us a report. Also, I'd be interested in knowing exactly what you put in her. I'm thinking of getting into the 70" segment myself and I definitely want to try gas power and I'm looking for as much information as I can.

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Best of luck! Give us a report. Also, I'd be interested in knowing exactly what you put in her. I'm thinking of getting into the 70" segment myself and I definitely want to try gas power and I'm looking for as much information as I can.

Thanks and I will.
I have a thread about the build of my 71" slick on GiantScaleNews, there's a lot of info on there

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks and I will.
I have a thread about the build of my 71" slick on GiantScaleNews, there's a lot of info on there

Feel free to post it here! :) We're promoting some well put together build logs into articles! :grrreat:

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Hey guys, I'm making a checklist of things I should do before I fly my 72" Extra. What am I forgetting?

(1) check all plugs/connections
(2) inspect wires for damage
(3) make sure batteries are charged
(4) test control surfaces
(5) fuel her up
(6) Screw hatch on