• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Moving up to 100cc questions

Twister

70cc twin V2
I'm thinking of moving up to 100cc. Right now I have a few 50cc's and use either 7955's or 1270's on 2-123 2300mah's and an ibec through a wolverine sw. My question is how would you outfit a 100cc airframe? I was thinking of the new 3dhs 108" extra which comes out in the fall with either a da120 or a gp123 on canisters ( field required ) the rest i'm not sure about.

to start, I would lose the ibec. I'm pretty sure those servos can handle a123 voltage. Haven't used those engines, but I'm sure they would fly that plane wonderfully. I run an eme 120 on my pilot 107" extra with pro flows and it's crazy good. Those 1270s.

Forgot to mention, if you are going to use cans and can afford them, the plane bender smooth pipes are supposed to be wicked. I'm ordering some for my da170 this fall. They are quiet and give a very smooth throttle curb with enormous power. Man I want some.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
7955's, DA-120, IBEC, and two 2300mah A123's will make an awesome 100cc plane.

I have used the IBEC's without any issues and would hesitate to use then in any size plane.

If you are spending the $$, don't go with canisters. Go with tuned pipes. The power increase far outweighs the additional weight penalty.

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
If you have not used savox 1231 give them a look very hard to beat. 100cc with 120 great for 3d. Like 40% better for IMAC have both.

Fishhook2670;9403 wrote: I also think DA the way to go...

I second that. If you have the money no reason not to buy the DA. I'm running an EME and envy the guys with DA's. It runs just fine but I do not believe the longevity is there.