• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mounting a Tech-Aero IBEC

I’m about to install a TechAero IBEC for the first time, and have some questions:

How far away from the other radio components, batteries, switch, etc., should I keep it?
Any problems related to over-heating if I wrap it in foam?
The board doesn’t really have any mounting holes or brackets, any suggestions on how to attach it to the frame?
I’m going to replace the power connector (to the ign module) with the Power Pole connector DA provides. Any problems if I extend the length of the power line a few inches while doing that?

I would appreciate seeing some pictures of your existing set-ups if anyone has some handy.
thanks, Rick

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I have mine on the wing tube, it sits on a piece of latex foam slightly larger than the circuit board and is held in place with a single piece of 1/2" velcro.

Not the best picture for showing the IBEC but it's sitting about 2 o'clock off the back of the Fiji bottle.

IBEF.jpg

jaybird

70cc twin V2
I always mount them on sticky back Velcro, then wrap with a Velcro strap. No problems with it being in the vicinity of RX, batteries, throttle servo, or ignition. In this pic you can see it in the upper right side of the fuse, right across from the RX batteries.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415973905.757494.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
This where I stuck mine on my Yak...it's my 5th TechAero IBEC and never had any trouble with any of them..no more ignition batteries or extra switches for me... you can stick them pretty much anywhere like Ohio AV8TOR stated...