• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Fully assembled, dry weight = 8.5 lbs. Ran the engine tonight, started right up after I got the fuel in the pump. Have some things to double check, tighten up, and adjust. Then schedule a maiden. May be a bit before I get there, but we'll see. The tach is only temporary sitting on the fuse. Will pull it off before flying.

View attachment 99207
Nicely done and .5 lb lighter than mine so should be a blast to fly.

Alky6

150cc
Ran into difficulties getting the wing on and off and interference with the servo lead in the wing. I have installed the receiver in front of the wing tube and the servo leads in the wing come out behind the wing tube. With the supports on the wing tube (wonky wing tube according to @BalsaDust , haha, see why now) the servo lead has a tendency to get hung up and pinched. To solve that problem I zipped out a couple of slots to cage the servo lead. Works great and alleives quite a bit of frustration.

IMG_4271.JPG

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Ran into difficulties getting the wing on and off and interference with the servo lead in the wing. I have installed the receiver in front of the wing tube and the servo leads in the wing come out behind the wing tube. With the supports on the wing tube (wonky wing tube according to @BalsaDust , haha, see why now) the servo lead has a tendency to get hung up and pinched. To solve that problem I zipped out a couple of slots to cage the servo lead. Works great and alleives quite a bit of frustration.

View attachment 99243
Yep the clearances in that area are way to close and present some challenges when putting the wings on. I routed my connections to the front of the wing. Once you put the wings on a few times, you develop a pattern. It seems to hold up good though so the strength must be there.

Alky6

150cc
Maidened her yesterday. The mojo flies incredible. Very stable and very slow. Tons of fun!! Engine is getting better as it breaks in, but I can definitely understand the need for more power. Pretty slow pullout out of a hover. Also, I need more elevator throw. Was pretty difficult to get it into a KE spin. Had to tease it in. This is going to be a great 3D trainer! Everything happens so much slower and very docile. CG is at the "mild" point as shown on the planes. It does have some KE coupling that should easily be trimmed out. Though, not sure what would happen if I move the cg back. Lands like a pussy cat. Really a blast to fly. Sorry- no vids. Did it alone and I don't have that cool mount for my phone for my hat like that guy @BalsaDust has, lol.
Thanks again for all the input everyone!