• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Miracle Switch w/ fuel dot - suggestions needed

tailskid

70cc twin V2
I'd like to install a (I think) Miracle Switch that has the charging port, fuel dot and on/off switch on my Sbach 300 (30cc)....I tried one time to mount this switch and ended up having a difficult time holding it in place because there is very little room for the switch to grab the wood securely. Any suggestions? I made a cardboard template and it sure would be nice to have a plastic 'template' to use as there isn't much wood in the front of the plane to mount this puppy.

13683=7552-1.jpg
13683=7552-1.jpg
13683=7553-2.jpg
13683=7553-2.jpg
13683=7551-back (1).jpg
13683=7551-back (1).jpg
13683=7550-back (2).jpg
13683=7550-back (2).jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Might try gluing it in with a little clear silicone. Put the screws in to fill the holes and hold it in place till the silicone cures.

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
Yep as above. If it's balsa I'm mounting in then I'll glue in a light ply plate/doubler behind it then recut the mounting hole. Screw it in through the balsa AND ply now. Also not a bad idea that once the screws are in, back them back out, add a small drop of CA glue to harden the hole then screw it all back into it's permanent position. Firms up the screw's bite in the wood.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
While you have the clear silicone out, you might want to secure the wires on the back of the switch. They are notorious for breaking loose. Not a good situation.