• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mini lathe (and mill) discussion.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The 3W CS engines are BEASTS!!! The compressed fuel mixture is unhappy when it fires off and shows its unhappiness with a vengeance.

Didn't have a small die holder for the 13/16" dies, so I decided to make one today. Had to put the 3jaw back on the lathe for the first time in a while. Once the chuck end was turned down, I put the collet chuck back on to finish the project.

Attachments

• Die01.jpg
    Die01.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Die02.jpg
    Die02.jpg
    841.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Die03.jpg
    Die03.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Die06.jpg
    Die06.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 99
  • Die08.jpg
    Die08.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 95

TonyHallo

150cc
I need to make one as well but I only have a few 13/16" round dies. I have SAE and metric Craftsman tap and die sets that have hex shaped dies. I use the hex holder and a live center to get the die started straight, then brace the handle against the tool post, it takes some effort to cut 1/2" threads, I use an eight inch Crescent wrench on the 4" three jaw chuck jaw to turn the work.