• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mike Hurley Extra

BalsaDust

So after flying my first 35% plane the other day it had me wanting one now. Looking at selling a few things to fund one and would like to build rather than buy an ARF. Looking around at a few options and I have heard good things about the Mike Hurley 35% Extra. Trying to find plans but not having much luck. Looks like they used to be sold on the Model Aviation website but I'm no longer seeing them. Wondering if anyone else has any insight as to where I could find a set.

BalsaDust

These guys list a kit for the e Mike Hurley Extra. Not sure about plans. You might try posting a "Wanted" ad over on RCG.

http://www.lasercutusa.com/kits-we-cut.html

Yeah I emailed them about the kit as well as the AMA website about plans. AMA said plans would be $33 plus shipping which I though was fair for plans of a 35% plane and the kit place said it was $190 for a short kit plus shipping. It's a foam wing plane so I would have to buy foam as well and cut cores or get to learning the devwing software I have and design built up wings for it.
TNT landing gear sells a kit that has the landing gear and wing tubes for a fair price for the plane and fibertech n more sells wheel pants, lg fairings, and canopy. @capthis told me of a place that sells the cowls but I forgot who he said.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Fibertech has the molds for this airplane. Precision cut kits does as well.

Another option if you want to scratch build is the Ace Extra 230 in 33% size. More of an 80cc plane but I think cowl and canopy etc are available through fiberglass specialties. I plan to build the 30% size one of these days.

This was the original supplier of foam cores for the Hurley Extra.

http://flyingfoam.com/

Last I checked he would still cut them. Fibertech N More has the fiberglass components and canopy. T n T has the landing gear, wing tubes and phenolics.
Travis

Bill G

New to GSN!
So after flying my first 35% plane the other day it had me wanting one now. Looking at selling a few things to fund one and would like to build rather than buy an ARF. Looking around at a few options and I have heard good things about the Mike Hurley 35% Extra. Trying to find plans but not having much luck. Looks like they used to be sold on the Model Aviation website but I'm no longer seeing them. Wondering if anyone else has any insight as to where I could find a set.
I do have a set of plans for it

I have both the plans AND the entire build in hard copy that was done in the AMA magazine......if you'll pay for shipping they're yours