• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

*****Members, We would like your input on advertising banners.*****

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Bartman;1872 wrote: for what it's worth, over at MultiRotorForums.com I only accept advertisers that I'm willing to personally vouch for so the members there know that they can buy from our sponsors without feeling any risk of being ripped off. With GiantScaleNews.com the vendors are much more well known and a lot of the bad ones have already been flushed out. having said that if we have an advertiser that is not doing well and who insists on continuing as a site sponsor, we'll have a talk to make sure we're not putting up ads that might cause our membership to waste money on substandard equipment. i wouldn't want to waste money on garbage RC stuff and I sure as heck don't want to be steering you guys in a bad direction because of our advertising.

i'm happy to help great vendors to do well and i'm happy to see you guys spending you money and getting what you expect. when that's not happening i'm going to have a problem with it. :)

bart

Just one more reason this forum ROCKS!

What ever happened to the day where a company thrived based on the quality of goods and services delivered to their customers NOT how many web ads and social media sites they can plaster their ads to!!!

Regards,

Astro

SleepyC

150cc
As unpopular as this opinion is, I am not opposed to HobbyKing these days.

I buy batteries, wire, shrink-wrap, plugs, switches etc. (honestly without the lower price of these components I could not afford to fly.. ESPECIALLY NOW!) And Hobbyking has started to support the hobby with prizes and sponsorships.

I think they are shooting to be a slightly different company.

Yes the parent company has done some questionable things, but honestly I can say the same thing about a few "US" companies that have snatched each others ideas and products over the years. It stinks, but it happens.

The end result is I agree with Bart, companies that provide you with the product they are advertising should be ok, if it's a flash in the pan potential scam artist, they can spend their money elsewhere.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I agree with Sleepy on this one. I don't believe HK is inherently evil. As long as you know what to expect from a "deep discount, high-volume" type company. My expectations are not high when I order from HK. When I can get 3s 2200 Mah Lipo's for my foamies for $7.00 vs. $20.00 - $40.00 from the LHS, I am gonna do it, but I am not going to complain or try to do a return if a cheap, consumable item arrives dead or damaged. I mean, REALLY?

As far as the support USA products vs. imports, well, I try to when I can, but let's face it, the small consumables that we all use day in, day out, are all (the overwhelming majority anyway) manufactured overseas anyway, regardless of where we buy them.

When I find an items that I use that are actually produced domestically, I do my best to try and use those items, as long as they are not astronomically priced.

Regards,

Astro

SleepyC

150cc
Astrohog;1892 wrote: I agree with Sleepy on this one. I don't believe HK is inherently evil. As long as you know what to expect from a "deep discount, high-volume" type company. My expectations are not high when I order from HK. When I can get 3s 2200 Mah Lipo's for my foamies for $7.00 vs. $20.00 - $40.00 from the LHS, I am gonna do it, but I am not going to complain or try to do a return if a cheap, consumable item arrives dead or damaged. I mean, REALLY?

As far as the support USA products vs. imports, well, I try to when I can, but let's face it, the small consumables that we all use day in, day out, are all (the overwhelming majority anyway) manufactured overseas anyway, regardless of where we buy them.

When I find an items that I use that are actually produced domestically, I do my best to try and use those items, as long as they are not astronomically priced.

Regards,

Astro

And the thing is, buy buying the smaller items from HK, I can then afford to buy a "local" airframe like a PAU or a Aeroworks, or Extreme Flight or Red Wing, or 3DHS or OMP or Carden or Dalton or......

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;1909 wrote: And the thing is, buy buying the smaller items from HK, I can then afford to buy a "local" airframe like a PAU or a Aeroworks, or Extreme Flight or Red Wing, or 3DHS or OMP or Carden or Dalton or......

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

.....AND a DA to go with it!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

O

Ohio AV8TOR

SleepyC;1890 wrote: As unpopular as this opinion is, I am not opposed to HobbyKing these days.

I buy batteries, wire, shrink-wrap, plugs, switches etc. (honestly without the lower price of these components I could not afford to fly.. ESPECIALLY NOW!) And Hobbyking has started to support the hobby with prizes and sponsorships.

I think they are shooting to be a slightly different company.

Yes the parent company has done some questionable things, but honestly I can say the same thing about a few "US" companies that have snatched each others ideas and products over the years. It stinks, but it happens.

The end result is I agree with Bart, companies that provide you with the product they are advertising should be ok, if it's a flash in the pan potential scam artist, they can spend their money elsewhere.

I am okay with all you say but they do not pay fair import taxes into this country, next time you order look at the declared value and what you actually paid for it.

SleepyC

150cc
Ohio AV8TOR;1917 wrote: I am okay with all you say but they do not pay fair import taxes into this country, next time you order look at the declared value and what you actually paid for it.
I am in no way defending them 100%... I'm just saying I'm not sure I could maintain without some of what they offer.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Why aren't the banner ads working? When I click on them it tries to sell me an ad instead of taking me to the advertisers website.