• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Maxima 9 channel receiver for 9x

I have had my 9x for a year now using Optima 9 channel receivers and have had 0 issues with all of them. Just wondering my radio came with the Maxima 9 channel receiver and I have heard several reports that this particular receiver has caused a lot of mishaps with losing signals and other problems. I don't have any personal experience with this receiver but I have been reluctant to use it . What is your opinion on this receiver ?? thanks

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
First production we found a minor bug but it has since been resolved. I personally run 2 Maxima 9's in my 100cc that I fly every weekend, no issues to speak of. If you are questioning it then send it into us and we can check it and replace it if it's an early production unit.

12036427_10208558629790152_2292961368185543092_n.jpg

Ok thanks for the info I bought the radio with the Maxima last spring 2014 so I don't know if it is the newer one but I think I will send it in anyway , no use taking any chances. Again thanks for the insight. By the way I love my 9x and have no complaints to date . I really am impressed with the performance . Bruce

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That would have definitely been in the first production run so definitely a good idea to send it in.