• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Manoeuvre help

I've seen this manoeuvre a few times and would appreciate if someone could tell me the control inputs. Since I don't know what it's called, I'll try to describe it. The aircraft is put in an inverted orientation, throttle is added. The plane then does a fast inverted flat spin in one place without losing altitude. I understand that left or right rudder is added depending on whether you want to rotate CW or CCW. It's the aileron input which I think catches me out.

I am thinking he is looking at a Pot Top

No not that. What I'm referring to is like how you do donuts in a car. The car is pivoting in a small circle. Similarly the aircraft is spinning in a fast tight inverted flat spin in a small circle. At the same time not losing altitude like you would in a normal flat spin.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
There are lots of examples of this around, I just can't remember where at the moment. Look at the video from 3:40-3:48. I think this is basically the maneuver you're speaking of? Sometimes it's done faster, or flatter, but it's my understanding that this is called a funnel hover. Not being an expert on any of this I may be wrong however.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
There are lots of examples of this around, I just can't remember where at the moment. Look at the video from 3:40-3:48. I think this is basically the maneuver you're speaking of? Sometimes it's done faster, or flatter, but it's my understanding that this is called a funnel hover. Not being an expert on any of this I may be wrong however.

The "VORTEX" ???