• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Make a Custom Header for your Gas Engine

JimD

50cc
I watched a guy selling AlumiWeld at the Toledo Show...he would punch a hole in a soda can and then weld it shut. Looked really easy, but never tried using anything like it.

Now you have me thinking...take some empty pop cans, weld a pair together, add inlet and outlet...bingo! Soda canister muffler! :mario-banana:

JimD

50cc
Found a picture of the vibration absorbing mounts that we made:

108.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I watched a guy selling AlumiWeld at the Toledo Show...he would punch a hole in a soda can and then weld it shut. Looked really easy, but never tried using anything like it.

Now you have me thinking...take some empty pop cans, weld a pair together, add inlet and outlet...bingo! Soda canister muffler! :mario-banana:
I bought this stuff and "welded" two exhaust stingers back onto the canisters. Followed the instructions, and everything work and looked OK during the weld process.....BUT the stingers fell off during the first flight!! That's about all I can say about it. BTW - I do have experience with arc and gas welding, in addition to brazing and soldering.

JimD

50cc
Figures that a material with a fairly low melting temperature would not hold up under the conditions needed for aircraft exhaust. Too good to be true.