• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Lucky to have Sleepy!!

wesley.

70cc twin V2
Sleepy is the reason im here. He is the best whether its event coverage or new reviews. It doesn't get any better

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Snapasaurus;15755 wrote: Sleepy is in it for the love of it.

Altered your comment somewhat but that's what it seemed like at Nall this year. He was everywhere.

David

SleepyC

150cc
Just saw this.

You guys are way to kind. But I am guilty as charged. I honestly love RC. many forms of it and especially giant scale.

I've been an RC nerd since I was 12 years old. Convinced my 16 year old neighbor to ride with me when I was 15 and only had a learners permit so I could go race my RC cars at a "real" track. Been flying, driving, and crashing stuff for 31+ years now. And I never get enough. When I figured out I could never fly like the best, I decided to try and document it as best I could and that in it self is another obsession.

Snap has it right. I am kind of a hippy in the sense that I don;t need a lot of money, if I can pay bills and pursue my passion I will be 100% happy. I value every single relationship I made in the past 10+ years in the Giant Scale scene and will always do what I can for any of my friends.

That being said every time someone tells me they read my posts or look at the coverage it really means a lot to me. I do spend a lot of time alone in hotels editing footage or fighting crappy wifi to upload pictures, so when people express gratitude I truly appreciate it.

So thanks guys, It's an interesting time right now, but your posts and personal interactions with me have motivated me beyond belief to excel at this stuff. Also, don't sleep on Bart, he has an unbelievable passion for this hobby, I have to constantly calm him down, or he would buy every single airplane the dude sees. I think the foundation is set for something pretty awesome, and so far the people that are here are all REAL RC'ers and that freaking rocks.

This weekend I spoke to a lot of people from all over the world and one thing was told to me several times and that was... "Some of the other websites seem to be owned and run by guys who want to make money, but GSN seems to be operated by REAL RC'ers." And ya know what? I can't argue with that at all.

Thanks again guys.. you all rock.

SC

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I had the honor of Steve stopping by and kibitzing several times AND place the big GSN flag-thingie at our tent location at the IMAC Worlds! Hope Cap't Jack generated some GSN interests during the week! I noted that the photog from FG avoided the area :sorrow::running-lol:

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks again to Sleepy and Bart, I hope you do manage to make a decent living out of this; it will be WELL DESERVED!

Few of us (including me) get into the business side of the R/C world for the love of R/C, but if we can earn a living from this, that's even better.