• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? Lipo Bag?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So I just want to hear from you guys if you all are using Lipo Bags to charge or not? I know first hand why we should be but wanted to hear from you all. I also have a motive for this question.... I own Lipobag.com and have been considering selling a good quality bag or line of bags at an affordable price.

If you are not currently using a Lipo Bag for storage or charging is their a reason why?

What would you want in a Lipo Bag?

What sucks about the current ones out on the market today?

Thanks much guys!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I personally don't use them.

I use a cinder block with a concrete base to charge in :thumbup:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
HERE IS A CHEAP "LIPO BAG" IN ACTION!!! The manufacturer should be ashamed of themselves!

[video=youtube;ZEkewCjiDs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZEkewCjiDs0[/video]

Suds

50cc
HERE IS A CHEAP "LIPO BAG" IN ACTION!!! The manufacturer should be ashamed of themselves!

Agreed! I have seen this video before and wonder if the bags I have are beneficial at all.

So, I'd say the market would pay a reasonable price for a bag that is proven and supported by a reputable source to contain an overcharge fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I will state that I have never personally seen a lipo erupt into flames. Granted I have seen a model up in flames from an apparent shorted lipo, but never actually seen it with my own eyes. All of these demonstration videos are of packs that are intentionally damaged in the worst possible ways just to get them to erupt into flames. I remember reading about how someone pumped a pack full of 110v from their homes power just to get it to ignite.

Would I buy a cheap lipo bag? Hell no, only quality. Do I use them? No, not really, I like using my concrete blocks for charging. Storage would be a good option.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
My first design failed miserably! Lol can't go into the details but it was an epic failure! Lol

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I don't use them personally. I've ways thought they were more of a gimmick then an actual useful product.

If I was worried about it I would charge and store them in a metal ammo can
Out of the 100s of lipos I've had over the years I haven't had any that worried me.