• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Life gets in the way

thurmma

150cc
The time with our children as they grow up can't be replaced. I have a daughter that turned 26 this year that I can remember holding on my lap while I was fishing when she was about 4 months old. My son is 23 and used to love it when I had my HO trains set up. We would sit and watch them go around the track for hours. My youngest daughter is 18 and graduates in May. She went to Nall with me last year and we had the time of our lives!

The hobby will be here when you have the time to get back to it. Our family time has an expiration date that we don't know, so make the most of the time with your children and spouse while you have the chance. It will pay dividends in memories for years to come!

doublea

100cc
The time with our children as they grow up can't be replaced. I have a daughter that turned 26 this year that I can remember holding on my lap while I was fishing when she was about 4 months old. My son is 23 and used to love it when I had my HO trains set up. We would sit and watch them go around the track for hours. My youngest daughter is 18 and graduates in May. She went to Nall with me last year and we had the time of our lives!

The hobby will be here when you have the time to get back to it. Our family time has an expiration date that we don't know, so make the most of the time with your children and spouse while you have the chance. It will pay dividends in memories for years to come!
Could never agree more! Like I stated in another thread. I used to take trips to the field only to feel guilty, which would cause me to shorten my time there To get back to my kids.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I'm the same way, I have 3 girls and time with them comes first... All three play soccer and basketball. I put flying all the way at the bottom of the list. The guys at the field know it's that way with me, they still invite me but they know family comes first. They often tell me I'm doing it right and that's alway nice to hear too.

Once I went flying and skipped a soccer game because I thought I needed some "me time".. It was horrible, I didn't enjoy myself and just wanted to know what was going on at the game. It didn't take long to decide I wouldn't skip another game to go flying, I would rather be with my girls. I go to probably 80-100 games a year in soccer alone. But you never know when that game winning goal in over time will happen.. Happened last week in fact, and I didn't miss it!

I thought I would just get out one time so I sold everything RC I had but then I went crazy with nothing to take my mind off work and everything else. I got back in about a year later. (Which made me really happy at the time).. I've been doing this for 25+ years, it's what I do.. I realized I can't give it up all together.

So I fly when there's nothing else going on.. It doesn't happen often and like others I get out maybe 8-10 times a year... My goal this year was to try to fly once a month but that hasn't happened I don't think I've been since April. Honestly I don't mind at all..