• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

let us talk about fuel tank clunks....

TiredOldMan

New to GSN!
In countless gas engine yard equipment products and literally hundreds of thousands of flight hours, one clunk has worked reliably 100% of the time if it was even half way clean. Walbro has been making and providing this filtered clunk for years and it's not limited to keeping crud larger than 10 or 20 microns out of your carb, it also breaks up air bubbles created by vibration foaming action and assures you'll draw the very last drop of fuel out of your tank it can make contact with.

They may not be fancy, they don't have a famous RC driver's name affixed, but they work, they always work, the price is low, and you don't have to ferret them out at some obscure RC supplier on the other side of the world. You can get them any place that carries decent chainsaw and yard equipment.

BalsaDust

tired old man;13662 wrote: In countless gas engine yard equipment products and literally hundreds of thousands of flight hours, one clunk has worked reliably 100% of the time if it was even half way clean. Walbro has been making and providing this filtered clunk for years and it's not limited to keeping crud larger than 10 or 20 microns out of your carb, it also breaks up air bubbles created by vibration foaming action and assures you'll draw the very last drop of fuel out of your tank it can make contact with.

They may not be fancy, they don't have a famous RC driver's name affixed, but they work, they always work, the price is low, and you don't have to ferret them out at some obscure RC supplier on the other side of the world. You can get them any place that carries decent chainsaw and yard equipment.

exactly what I have in my fuel tank. the little felt filtered clunk I got at my local ace hardware.

Reactions: Val
tired old man;13662 wrote: In countless gas engine yard equipment products and literally hundreds of thousands of flight hours, one clunk has worked reliably 100% of the time if it was even half way clean. Walbro has been making and providing this filtered clunk for years and it's not limited to keeping crud larger than 10 or 20 microns out of your carb, it also breaks up air bubbles created by vibration foaming action and assures you'll draw the very last drop of fuel out of your tank it can make contact with.

any links so i can see this one?

pauflyer

New to GSN!
T.I.T;13275 wrote: I use a fiji water bottle with PSP cap and a 3 line setup. I use a felt clunk in the tank and I also put a felt clunk in my filling can to act as a filter to the gas I put in the plane. I use viton in the tank and tygon for over flow and from cap to carb. I've never had any issues, but I've only been flying for 2 years. Most of the guys I fly with use this setup and they have been flying for a long time and never have had an issue.
That's EXACTLY my setup in 50 and 100cc. Only problem I've ever encountered was clogging of the micro-screen filter in one of the felt clunks. The Walbro carb and the Walbro felt clunk uses the same micro-screen filter, and it can get slimed-up if you're not careful about mixing different fuel-oil mixtures in the same tank or jug (generally a no-no.) :concern: