• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

let us talk about fuel tank clunks....

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
SleepyC;11311 wrote: I use Danhakl Tanks and just put them in.. no worries.

:D

If you build your own, DO NOT leave 1 - 2 inchs of space between your clunk and the back of the tank. In a hover this can be bad... SERIOUSLY.

:winking-thumbs-up-s

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Been using the fortitude tanks for three summers now and I love em. Cheap and work well. Only thing I do to them is tape the cap so it can't vibrate loose and fly. Been proven a couple times by accident they will suck every ounce of fuel out of the tank lol. My buddie landed his 100cc and just as he landed he realized he didn't fuel up. Poped the canopy and there wasn't a drop left lol. Nice being able to see the clunk is good before flying for the day with clear tanks.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

So if your plane (kit) comes with a blow molded tank do you still opt for the Danhakl or Fiji tanks? I have been using a Fiji tank built with a PSP cap but I like these fittings better from Taildragger RC. So it occurred to me as I like a three line tank why not use these fittings in a blow molded tank that is provided and just use a single line through the cap (preferably a SWP cap). Has anyone done this?

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Yes even though the ARf comes with a tank I still opt to buy the 4titude tank. For how cheap they are and time savings to me it makes sense. And the stock tanks are white so you can't see the if the clunk is on before a day off flying to me that seals the deal on the clear tank.

T.I.T

30cc
I use a fiji water bottle with PSP cap and a 3 line setup. I use a felt clunk in the tank and I also put a felt clunk in my filling can to act as a filter to the gas I put in the plane. I use viton in the tank and tygon for over flow and from cap to carb. I've never had any issues, but I've only been flying for 2 years. Most of the guys I fly with use this setup and they have been flying for a long time and never have had an issue.

Patroller;11629 wrote: I really like the clunk that comes with the PSP kit. The tubing hitting the side of the tank instead of the clunk is brilliant especially with the thinner Fuji tanks. Instead of a filter at the clunk, I use an inline filter just between the tank and the carb.

My favorite also!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
anybody using the sintered brass filters that BP Hobbies sells? They make a fill-tank fitting and a T-fitting with the sintered brass filter element built in.

also, aren't the Tygon clunk lines supposed to be left a little short so they have room to grow once they see fuel without getting jammed against the back of the tank? referring to post #18

i made this tank yesterday...

psp cap,

viton tubing inside

dubro large clunk

13424=7263-IMG_6022.jpg
13424=7263-IMG_6022.jpg