Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Large scale Handley Page 42 Vintage 1930s Airliner

Discussion in 'R/C Videos and Pictures' started by dominicm, Jul 19, 2019.

1. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2

Undoubtedly a work of flying art and a very well setup reproduction of this 1930s airliner. Worth watching the engine start sequence alone ! Flown by Joachim Damrath, this Handley Page 42 oozes style and elegance as it cruises around the sky at the Airliner Treffen Show. At 1/10th scale the Wing span / wingspan is 3.96 metres and length is 2.8 metres. A fantastic and unique flying aircraft of a bygone era of airliner passenger travel.

2. Fantastic RC build!
    What a pleasure to hear and watch without any musical background...
    except the music of four tuned, gas powered engines!
    Thanks for sharing!

dominicm and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. Very cool. But really glad I wasn’t onboard for that landing! Ouch.

dominicm likes this.
  4. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2

Absence of music was more by luck I think. This was on the practice day. On the public days the commentator insisted on playing 80s music. I have no idea why.

Yes...hard landing. Got away with it. Well engineered landing gear obviously!

pawnshopmike likes this.