Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Krill 39% Ultimate 300KS Assembly And Paint

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by Jetpainter, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I was thinking that too, but I'll probably paint some anyway just to see how it works out.

stangflyer likes this.
  2. Jetpainter

No real progress last night. I went to dinner with family to celebrate being on the right side of the grass for another year. After dinner I did do a bunch of measuring on the cowl to make sure when I split it I don't end up putting a block of wood and a blind nut up against a plug wire cap. It looks like there should be plenty of room.

I might cut the cowl tonight, but I'm not sure I have the right weight glass cloth I need to make the lip.

stangflyer likes this.
  3. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Happy Birthday!

Not sure why Krill does the split cowl but full nosebowl on the Extra's. Is the Ultimate the same way?

Jetpainter and stangflyer like this.
  4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

EDITED
    What an Idiot I've been :lol2:. Guess I'm getting closer to the ultimate dirt nap.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Jetpainter, Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well happy birthday to you and hope have many more.

Jetpainter, 49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  6. Jetpainter

The Ultimate isn't split at all, just a full cowl. Kind of surprising in this day and age. My Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X wasn't split either, but thanks to a great thread by Terry Wiles (and some previous experience butchering fiberglass ;)) it wasn't a big deal.

7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Well happy freaking birthday. I as well celebrated being on the right side of the grass yesterday.

8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Ok.....DOH! I have lost it...."Happy Birthday Doug". That "grass" did it to me lol. Got a foot in the mouth and one in the grave :rolleyes:.

Never mind me....Summer really fried what's left of the gray matter.

Jetpainter, Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Another year on the right side of the grass? What if you have no grass on either side? Then what? Oh well, happy birthday anyways. I am sure that 29 feels the same as it did....29 years ago. LOL.... Just kidding pal.

49dimes, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Sorry of topic question do like the SCAG mowing machine.

49dimes likes this.