• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Just plain sexy!

If your not going to wear pants at least make sure your junk is shiny!

(Vern, that's a free one, please feel free to use it in your advertising!)

If I can get it by the PC folks I'll use it, you got mad at me a couple of years ago for offering an expensive alternative to a manufacturing defect.

Bartman- I did a lot of work four or five years ago with the intent of making spats and wheel pants that were top quality and state of the art. I designed spats that were structurally sound and would not come apart from the engine vibration. I had a fellow modeler with a degree in aeronautical engineering , who unfortunately hangs out on an unmentionable forum, design aerodynamic wheel pants, called pressure pants in the trade. Problem was, the offshore guys make anything that starts as a liquid so much cheaper than anyone in the states can make it for that it was a non starter.

Spats and wheel pants can be made that do not detract from the aerodynamic performance of an airplane but they are not on the market today, and in all truthfulness, with the power to weight ratios we have, who cares.

Vern Smith

thurmma

150cc
maybe some hydraulics to have the wheelpants go up and down? or to make the wheels extend and retract into the wheelpants? (someone right now is saying, I'm doing that! admit it!)
That actually sounds pretty cool until you forget to put the wheels down or the pants up when you land :)

I understand the whole wheel pant mystique, Giant Scale started as a semi scale modeling idea and I hope it stays there. I try to make visually pleasing products because they sell better and with my CNC machines it is a natural. After ten years of shipping basically the same product I have noticed that most of my customers buy my products because they are bullet proof. If things get loose, install ten bucks worth of bushings and you are as good as new.