• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR xbus

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I am in the market f0r a new radio and I would really like to understand the x bus that jr has. I would like to know what kind of programing the radios have and what the better radios are. I would prefer info on the xg11mv and the xg14. Do you run power and signal separate to the tail? does it have a special extension to take the signal to the rear servos? I guess I would just like someone to explain it all to me. thanks

I think it may be easier if you had specific programming in mind to try and reference off of. I have the XG11 and the programming is vast. I believe you can have 8 flight mode by programming different rates and they can be activated via a switch or based on stick positions. You can program Xbus through the radio. I set up my Xbus on my 40%er and I run a power and ground wire along with a standard servo wire to the tail of my plane on a 4 channel converter. This runs both elevators and rudder servos.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Can you run your whole plane on a 7 channel receiver with xbus? they have a pretty good deal going on right now.

All XG series radios have Xbus. Even the XG6 http://www.jramericas.com/234694/JRP006191/?pcat=2 has Xbus. So you can fly a 40% with the 6 channel radio. To do this you use Xbus on the ailerons and program 4 servo's on the aileron channel. Elevator you program 2 servos for your elevators, and the same for rudder. I have not looked at the programming but im sure it does have 2 aileron channels so you can actually program up to 8 aileron servos between the two channels.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Do I need to run xbus servos? or will any servos work with xbus. If the xg6 will fly a 40% then what is the selling point of bigger channel radios? does the xbus take care of balancing the servos if the radio doesn't have that feature?

Last edited:
At minimum you will need the Xbus converters if you run non Xbus servos. http://www.jramericas.com/xbus/ When you start out with a 6 channel transmitter you do not have the programming power of the bigger radios. The bigger radios have larger screens and as you get into the higher price ranges you get nicer gimbals. It is pretty much like most entry level radios, you get a good radio with a bullet proof RF protocol (in fact JR uses the same RF protocol for all their radio lines and not save the better for the higher end radios), limited programming abilities smaller batteries etc.

With Xbus and using the converters you can set reverse, neutral, and endpoints for each servo. So you do not have the full balance feature that the radio may have but if set up your geometry correct balancing isn't really needed.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I have a 12x currently and like the idea of dmss and xbus just to get more power to the servos with less wiring. does the xg11mv have more balance features and where do you get a modual for it to use dsm2?