Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR DMSS rpm telemetry

Discussion in 'Telemetry, Sensors, Data Logging, Etc.' started by Flyingjon, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Flyingjon

Flyingjon 70cc twin V2

Hey guys I've got a XG11 that I really love! But is there any way to get rpm data from the rpm lead on an Rcexl ignition module? I suppose it wouldn't work to just plug it into the telemetry hub would it? I would like to use it if at all possible without having to try to install a tach sensor.

2. is the rcexl ignition the one with the tach lead?

3. Flyingjon

Flyingjon 70cc twin V2

Yes that's right.

4. Gobeil

Gobeil New to GSN!

I don't think that you can just plug the RCEXL RPM plug into the hub.
    As far as I know, each type of JR telemetry sensors has an electronic board with an a specific interface and an ID so that the Tx knows where the signal is coming from and how to interpret it.

5. I really wish JR would come up with a way to use these rpm leads from the ignitions to report telemetry. It's one gap they have in their lineup that seems like it would be easy to solve. I would personally buy several of them if they were available.

Flyingjon likes this.

6. Flyingjon

Flyingjon 70cc twin V2

Amen to that. It seems like it would be extremely simple..

7. bigblueswope

bigblueswope 100cc

@orthobird,
    Don't you fly Spek or JR and have RPMs in your telemetry?

How did you do it? I have seen a part ( now discontinued ) on Horizon Hobby that plugs into an RCXeL ignition and a Spek TM10000. Seeing as how that is no longer an option, do you have any input?

8. Does JR offer a "brushless" RPM sensor for electric motors? If so, rather than connecting the brushless RPM sensor across 2 electirc motor phases, connect it across the RCXeL tachometer output leads ground and signal wires. Not sure this will work with ALL brushless RPM sensors but I have a Jeti DS16 and have connected the Jeti brushless RPM sensor to the tach output lead of my GP61 and it works perfectly.

Wayne