• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2015 registration is now open!!! Who's going?

I am going this year just with a hotel room and a golf cart rental for the peak days which are Wednesday-Friday. This year I am treating this event like Oshkosh, great to spectate, not so great to fly into.

Camping is a great way to meet people and have a good time though. I feel like I missed this part of Nall last year staying in the RV and having to be on the dawn patrol to get any flying in on the 3D line before the mass chaos starts.

I might do that, what Hotel are you going to be staying at? Best time to go is Wed-Fri?

I am going this year just with a hotel room and a golf cart rental for the peak days which are Wednesday-Friday. This year I am treating this event like Oshkosh, great to spectate, not so great to fly into.

Camping is a great way to meet people and have a good time though. I feel like I missed this part of Nall last year staying in the RV and having to be on the dawn patrol to get any flying in on the 3D line before the mass chaos starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not picked the hotel yet. Yes, Wednesday-Friday are the days as they do noon demos and the vendor mall is fully open. Since people drive from so far away they tend to leave Saturday. BBQ is Friday night. The weekends are not where it is at for this event.

Yes, you stay up by the airport is the best from what I have found. Drive the 25 mins down to Woodruff every day.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
3DRC Hobbies is going to be setup at the Joe Nall event in South Carolina on the vendors row at the 3D line from May 9th - 16th. If you plan on going, make sure you stop by and say hello. We are going to have some free giveaways and like always will have on sale the best quality products for sale including MKS servos, Pulse batteries, Falcon propellers, Fourtitude tanks, Taildragger RC products, Aero Cumulus Smoke Oil, Powerbox, Bavarian Demon, SWB, Redline and more.

20140511_183058.jpg

vegasking

70cc twin V2
We will have one of the 20'x20' heavy duty tents this year like the one in the background in the prior picture. We needed more space and also in case a storm comes through, I will have shelter for 8 airplanes from 30cc to the big 126" Slick with the DLE-222. It takes awhile to disassembly this many planes if a storm comes quickly.

So I'm going to nall this year for the first time :ecstatic: I am going to get there early Monday morning and not sure when I will come back. Hope to see yall there!