• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Jets Jets and more Jets

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
As far as I know there is nothing on these boards about Jets, but that doesn't mean someone here doesn't fly them or have knowledge of them. So how bout it fellas anyone here into the Jet thing? Any kind really, doesn't have to be turbine either. Can be a simple EP EDF. I think it would be fun to atleast give one a try once in my life. Maybe a 80mm or 90mm. So anyone here have some input they would like to share about these beautiful aircraft?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My favorite Jet out there has to be a Viper, I love the look of them. One operating with a large electric 120mm fan has always perked my fancy.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I would love one but don't want to spend that kind of money. Guy at our field has 2 of them and they are fun to watch. Wife thought they were the coolest thing she had seen until she saw the price tag on them.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes I really like the Vipers very cool. Plus and Im not sure which one it is, either the 9 or 11 blade fan units vs units that use quite a bit more blades... they sound more like a jet than the others and perform very well. I have been reading up on these quite a bit. Electric and turbine, can get seriously out of control moneywise that's for sure, well like anything else I guess. USA RC Jets has some pretty cool stuff as does Fan Jet USA.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Electric would be my only option as far as a Jet would go. Not enough glow equipment around anymore and turbine aircraft are prohibited at my club via county orders. Cost is a big deal too, I'd have just as much into a 120mm EDF jet as I would into a 100cc airplane, if not a 150cc.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I wouldn't do glow either. I would start out with electric and see how I like it first then if I did which I suspect I probably would...Well the sky is the limit as they say from there. I am pretty fond of the scale fighter jets.