Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Jeti DS-16 Talk, ideas and help

Discussion in 'Telemetry, Sensors, Data Logging, Etc.' started by Bdegan, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Bdegan

Bdegan 50cc

I thought it would be a good idea to have an official Jeti DS-16 thread to answer questions, help, ideas and suggestions.

Hopefully a few of the Jeti masters over on RCU come here. Because I hate going there....

2. Bdegan

Bdegan 50cc

Oops. ..

Maybe this should be in radio systems an not here in telemetry "rolleyes"

3. Way to go brad posting wrong already LOL

Good to see lots of Canadian guys on this site already

4. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

did you move the thread? if so, please direct me, i want to join in!!

5. Super08

Super08 70cc twin V2

Great idea Brad, now I just need to buy one. Jeff has been after me to convert for a while now.

6. 2walla

2walla 50cc

I have been thinking long and hard about buying one too. I dropped my 12x last weekend at an event and it quit working. I had my old 9303 up in the cabinet in my motorhome and was flying after a quickcharge and a rebind. Makes me think twice about changing protocols a bit as i will need to budget for a spare transmitter. The jeti is probably the best out there right now, but then again the dx18 works and is a lot cheaper when you knock it off the table. :(

7. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

for those of you who do not have one, i will say this, if you get one, you will not regret it.

i got back into the hobby 4 years ago with a JR 9503. once my airplanes got bigger, i switched to a DX 18.

both great radios, but got to the point they could not do what i needed. i did do research on the Jeti radios for over 1 year before i purchased it. i first got introduced to the radio by an article published in a magazine. i do not remember where it was. then in October 2013, this article was published:http://file.espritmodel.com/advert/201310-Review-DS-16-1.pdf

Model aviation presented the review, and i was impressed, and by February 7, 2014, i did the switch. I waited a while to purchase it as i had to make up my mind and convince myself if i was willing to spend all that money on a new transmitter and all new receivers. the transmitter cost me 1795 dollars. which i guess is way cheaper than the high end Futaba and JR transmitters that are on the market now. to convert each airplane over was anywhere between 40 dollars for a receiver only (for a 50 cc airplane) all the way to over 300 dollars for a power distribution system and full telemetry functions with temp sensors, RPM sensors, etc....

8. Bdegan

Bdegan 50cc

I was the same.

DX7, 9303, 11x, DX18.

Then a buddy got the Jeti DS-16. I got to play with it and fly with it. No Brainer for me.

Then I really lucked out. A local heli guy had 2 of them. He listed his back up radio with 2 - 9 channel receivers for sale at a steal of a price.

I sold my DX18, receivers and all my telemetry at a local swap meet. Made enough to buy the Jeti and receivers from the guy.

Only had to buy 2 more receivers.

No regrets here.

9. Bdegan

Bdegan 50cc

Sorry. Double post

10. I pulled the trigger at nall this year, a DS16. I just finished buying some heat sensors and the CB200 today. Second plane getting set up now.