• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

JAG

70cc twin V2
The Carden flew it's maiden today. I had @capthis fly it and I'm glad. It was very tail heavy. So I moved the batteries forward to move the CG. Well my battery wiring was to short so I had to make new extensions. Well I screwed up the polarity and didn't realize it until my power board was blowing smoke. So it didn't fly again today.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Started my re-wire and new receiver install today. Getting rid of the power board since its toast and installing a spectrum AR9100 power safe receiver. Also remaking my battery extensions that I screwed up at the field yesterday.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Well the second flight started out ok. After moving the batteries forward, it was still a little tail heavy but manageable. I was playing around up pretty high and seeing how it would react when slowing down for a landing and then the engine died. Luckily I passed the transmitter off to a seasoned pilot and he did a great job getting it down. Being tail heavy didn't help and it came down a little hard at the end. I don't fault him at all and he did much better than I would have been able to do.

If my opinion at looking at everything after, this gear was destined to fail. It has been ripped out and repaired before and someone did a horrible job on the repair.

So overall, the gear was ripped out, mufflers bent, bottom cowl tore up, wheel pants broke, part of one wheel pant put a hole in the wing, and my pilot was decapitated (his head was already cracked). So it could have been much worse. Will get to repairing right away so I can get it back in the air.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited: