• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

It's about time to ask... What Can We Do Better!

reyn3545

100cc
I agree with all the agreeing... but Sleepy's original post was pretty clear.. you need membership and traffic if you're going to attract advertisers, and at the end of the day, this site is a business. I think the other site started at a place and time when GS was new and growing fast. Today, many think that they've been watered down with too many members, threads, classifieds, etc... that have nothing to do with Giant Scale models. The other site was very successful in helping this hobby to grow, and you have to give them credit for that. I expect that their 2 sites will meld into one. Why else would they drive so much cross-membership with the various promotions, coverage, etc..? If you go to their classifieds and look at Engines, sub-titled "Giant Scale engines and associated parts".... over 1/3 of the engines listed are glow motors. Now, I have nothing against glow motors, the planes they power, or the people that fly them... but they aren't giant scale motors. That's indicative of what has happened to the members, threads and classifieds at the site... they've lost focus. Good time to capitalize.

How about some interviews/conversations that can draw in the type of members and discussions that you seek:
  • IMAC - not just event coverage, but interviews with leadership, US team pilots, etc..
  • European giant scale... they are building and flying some HUGE toys in Europe... photos of the planes and interviews with the people that build and fly them would be nice to read.
  • Full Scale - Extra Aviation, Zivko, MX Aviation, and others... and (some of) the people who fly them.
  • Full Scale Aerobatics - Red Bull series, air show coverage, interviews, etc..
  • Giant Scale entrepreneurs - Chris Hinson, Rocco, Tony Russo, Gerhardt and others.. how did they get their start, how rough was it to get established, what can we expect in the coming year from them?
Those and other topics (I think) are the kind of stories that would attract people to the site, focused on Giant Scale News.

Mikeq

150cc
It seems we have had more trouble with spammers than trolls since this site went on line...the other sites are inundated with them and I suppose eventually this site will be also when the numbers get that large. @SleepyC ...are trolls aka trouble makers a problem on MultiRotorForums.com? If not what is the difference? The few times I been on that site everyone seems to be cordial and very helpful to those seeking assistance.