• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Iron-on coverings? Opinions?

THANKS for responding guys... It is very much appreciated. Last night, I tried a second piece with 150°F iron temp and it worked much better.

Remember, I'm putting Ultracote on top of MONOCOTE (not Ultracote) ... Anyway... I will try the mixture and the heat gun on an old wing today to see the results before I tackle the other wing.

Once again, THANKS for the response from all.
Wayne

Yes, you discovered that lower temps works well with Ultra over Mono. The airplane in my avatar has Ultra over Mono in the fuse and wings. I dont recall how low of temp I went, but Im sure it wasnt under 200.

It all works! :)

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I remember some 20 years ago, one of my students Pilot's called and wanted to bring over a plane he built from a kit. He was telling me he had a very hard time getting the Mono to stick to itself at the seams, after looking at it. I found that he had left the backing on it. I was very surprised that he had got it to stay on at all. The Plane and wing was completely done.LOL!!! We stripped the plane and started over.

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I remember some 20 years ago, one of my students Pilot's called and wanted to bring over a plane he built from a kit. He was telling me he had a very hard time getting the Mono to stick to itself at the seams, after looking at it, what I found that he had left the backing on it. I was very surprised that he had got it to stay on at all. The Plane and wing was completely done.LOL!!! We stripped the plane and started over.

I am guilty of having one this many moons ago....