• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Indoor Monocoupe anyone?

Where you been hiding rob? Haven't seen you post in a while.
I have been lurking, just not much going on with RC and me lately. I did pick up a new tool for the shop though :) Bridgeport clone on full CNC for metal working.

Bipeguy03, Is there any chance of getting a PDF of those plans? Nothing like a Monocoupe to bring me out of hiding, lol.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I have been lurking, just not much going on with RC and me lately. I did pick up a new tool for the shop though :) Bridgeport clone on full CNC for metal working.

Bipeguy03, Is there any chance of getting a PDF of those plans? Nothing like a Monocoupe to bring me out of hiding, lol.

Unfortunately I don't have a way to do that but you can get a set from Sig, and the Kit itself is only $21.

Kit:

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/MainMenuFV5.html?E+Sig

Bipeguy03

150cc
With the Monocoupe is sitting by and awaiting maiden, it's on to the next, started picking at the Mulligan tonight. I'm going to just continue it on this thread instead of starting a new one, mainly because it is going to be a rubber powered free flight and not sure where else it should go lol.

Gonna try to get this one done quick, looks like I will get to do some Giant Scale stuff this winter as dad has decided he want's me to get started building his Luscombe after new year.

If ya'll get tired of looking at small stuff feel free to tell me to shove off! lol :D

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Tseres

150cc
I just needed a break from RC, the guys in my club really p*ssed me off a couple months ago and I just needed to walk away from all of it for a little bit. Then I needed to help my parents out after my Mom had to have brain surgery.

Anyway, I'm back and ready to have some fun :)

Sorry I did not know about this. Just noticed you stopped posting for a while. Hope your mom is doing well.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tell us more about the Luscombe...

It started life as a set of Wendell Hostetler plans, http://www.hostetlersplans.com/luscombe.html, but after getting and studying them for awhile I decided to redesign the Fuselage.
I did away with the formers over box construction and go to a Keel/Former construction.
I spent A LOT of hours with the bulkheads we salvaged out of one of our full scale 8C's to get the fuse shape as close as possible.
I plan on using a Valley View 4o twin. Stay tuned there will be a build thread popping up on it soon!

The 8C Deluxe was a special edition Luscombe with a fuel injected Continental C-75 and a shock mounted instrument panel, there are other differences but those are the most noticed. The fuel injected C-75 was very cumbersome and very very little originals still exist, most have been converted to 8A's with a C-65, Dad's how ever is original minus the fuel injection.

Dad's 8C Deluxe first engine start after complete restoration. This is the plane that will be the subject of the build.

dads luscombe.jpg
dads luscombe 2.jpg

Last edited: