• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

In-line On/Off Switch/Y-Connector Power Cord for 12V/24V PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

I don't see a wire size on my "Y" adapter, but I do see a "10A/250V" stamp on each plug, so I would think that your cords should support 20amps to be safe?
Also, I've got a 24V system using two DPS-600 power supply units.

I don't see a wire size on my "Y" adapter, but I do see a "10A/250V" stamp on each plug, so I would think that your cords should support 20amps to be safe?
Also, I've got a 24V system using two DPS-600 power supply units.

It will work on your set up. I have the same set up as you, the DPS-600, and I just tested it again last night. I tested it on a dummy load that I created which loaded the PSU at 50 amps of current continuously for 2 hours straight with my Y-connector power cord to power it. Note: the PSUs are only rated up to 47 amps so I don't recommend running them at 50 amps, I just did it to be sure the cord would hold up to even the most abusive treatment, and it did.

If you are interested, you can see my dummy load I made here on this YouTube video. It was a lot of fun :) making it!

Edit:
The last part of the video shows a surge protector that I blew when I tested the over current protection of the DPS-600PB. Turns out I just needed to replace it with a slightly higher voltage TVS (surge protector) and all is well now. I haven't blown another one since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5rglrH168E

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got mine today...thanks for the quick shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated listing...it is now available in two different styles!

I also changed the standard length to 3 feet as this has been the most requested length. I will still do any length up to 6 feet at no additional charge, just let me know what your need.

SnowDog

I like that inline switch that velcro's to the top of the power supply! Very nice idea, since the prototype I was using just kind of "hung there" and wasn't attached to anything. And I think the 3ft length is just right as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.