• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Identify this hardwdare?

Naxos

New to GSN!
Looking for some assistance identifying this hardware. I recently picked up a used Carden Cap 232 and am currently in the process of going through the air frame and making sure it's all in good working order. I'm having trouble identifying these linkages and servo mounts with the output shaft support. I need to replace a few of them and am missing the support and linkage for the output shaft on one of the servos. Thanks in advanced!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I believe you are looking for rocket city Rc hardware. They made stuff a long time ago. Don’t know how to find out if they still exist.

Airwayman

New to GSN!
The idea of the support was to keep the servo shaft stable and not move during deflection of the control surface. When bigger planes and bigger control surfaces came about most of the available servos didn’t have metal gears and gears were often stripped during flight with disasterous results. Unfortunately BTDT.

Could you post a couple of close up 'front and side' photos of the hardware....I may have something like it I can let you have but can't be sure from your photo

Bill

claymin

50cc
The servo arm and servo center support are from the JR line the rest look like Rocket City hardware . I have used them on several planes with 8411 servos

Naxos

New to GSN!
The JR stuff is actually what I'm missing some of but at this point i'm not sure i'm going to worry about it. I will be updating the servos in the tail and with a modern MG servo I think the center supports are overkill.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
In my opinion the centre support works really well and have used them many times. With plastic servo case it really helped but not necessarily with full aluminum cases