• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

HS-7955tg

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Decided to upgrade a plane to Hitec 7955tg's that I got a great deal on Brand new.

The problem is I am not getting the throw out of them that I would expect. I have tried all the way up to a 2 inch arm with my EPA and D/R set to max in the Radio and can not get full deflection from my control surfaces like I did out of my old servos.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to get a programmer and adjust the EPA on the servos? Amy help would be appreciated.

yakken

100cc
If they are still programmed from the previous owner that might be the cause.have to reset them back to factory settings

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
yep there are brand new....it is just strange that they don't have the same throw as even some of the Hitec 5585 that I have laying around.....

I think that I will stop on the way home after work today and grab a programmer from the LHS and reset them...

camss69

70cc twin V2
If I remember right they are programmed for high resolution (not sure that's the proper term) out of the box. On those servos it reduces the throw. If you set them for lower resolution the throw is normal? I'll have to go look up the actual terms...

camss69

70cc twin V2
I found it, it's "High Resolution" (default) or "Normal Resolution". High is 120* throw vs Normal is 180*. You need a programmer to change it from default High Resolution to "Normal".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 376

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
120* of throw is standard for all Hitec digital servos. If you are not experiencing that amount of control throw then it may be an issue with your setup. If you program them to normal mode rather than high resolution mode you will see lots of jumping in the control movement due to it tuning the resolution back to analog servo status (512) in order to allow the servo to rotate a full 180*, rather than a smooth linear movement within the 120* degrees of motion. You can also ensure the servos are set properly to factory setting using the RESET function in the programmer. Please be advised that if you program from HIGH RES to NORMAL mode then you will need to set your EPA as the servo may want to rotate the full 180* (which likely will damage the servo and all that is attached to it) rather than the 120* factory.

What transmitter are you using? Certain brands do not use long enough PWM frequencies so you may see reduced control throw with high resolution servos. Also do your control horns allow you to move the linkage inward toward the control surface? This would be a more ideal method to get longer control throw out of the surface rather than reprogramming for lower resolution.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
I did go get the programmer and just reset the servos back to default...So I kept the hi res and now I am getting plenty of throw. i think the person That I got the servos from must have messed with the EPA on the servos, cause now I am getting more throw...

But for the price that I paid for them I am not going to complain to much.