• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Howdy From Texas

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My mistake!...Correction!...I got it from EasyTiger planes. Wouldnt buy from them again.

Ok, so what you see on the inside is 2 (40 oz..=80 oz total) smoke oil tanks on each side of the fuel tank (60 oz). I started off with an Evolution 7 cyl 160cc Radial but it didnt have enough power for that big (and heavy) plane so I put a DLE-170 on it. Second flight after I had the $2,000.00 real flame paint job the wings just folded...about $7K gone! I had it way too heavy. I thought that it really didnt matter how heavy you mad them as long as you put a big enough engine in it...LOL
I never really liked that plane anyway.
Only good thing is you made some space for a new one not to painful if you did not really like it. Hopefully you did not damage the engine.

Only good thing is you made some space for a new one not to painful if you did not really like it. Hopefully you did not damage the engine.

There was nothing left when it hit the ground! I had some good altitude when the wings folded. It hit so hard that it broke the case of the engine, along with taking one of the cylinder heads off. I decided before it happened that I was finished with the DLE brand also. So along with the plane that I really didnt like,...I really didnt like the engine too. So everything considered, I wasnt too upset with the loss...other then the amount of $ that went in the trash. We all been there!

r

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The sound of that thump when they hit hard and fast is hard to forget. I drilled a Yak into the ground at nearly full throttle once. The tuned pipe looked like an accordion. The stainless header was smashed flat against the cylinder head, but the DA50 didn't even have a broken fin. The only damage to the engine was a bent prop hub. I couldn't believe it survived that well.

The sound of that thump when they hit hard and fast is hard to forget. I drilled a Yak into the ground at nearly full throttle once. The tuned pipe looked like an accordion. The stainless header was smashed flat against the cylinder head, but the DA50 didn't even have a broken fin. The only damage to the engine was a bent prop hub. I couldn't believe it survived that well.

Hard to believe your engine didnt get damaged. I get 'kidded' alot by other pilots in our club about my throttle being on a 2 position toggle switch....land and full throttle! But I have to say, thats pretty much how I fly. So when I crash there is never anything left to salvage. That may be why my planes are 30's era racers...they fit my style of flying. I just tell them that I dont use a servo on the throttle to save $120.00. Hard to get it past them when they are looking at my $6K plane! Ya, it was quite a thump when it hit the ground.

r