• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How to win a Fly-in Raffle?

You threaten the kid they pick to pull tickets...:tongue-new:

True story,

This July I bought a arm's length, I did mix can after putting in 1/4 of the tickets and repeated till they were all in..

They picked a kid to pull, I simply said " Hey kid". When he looked at me and I had an angry look on my face while hitting my fist into my hand..lol We all laughed, wouldn't you know it, he pulls my ticket and I won a plane...:big dance:

So Sleepy,

Puff your chest out and act like you will beat the living chit out of the puller if you don't win. If the prize is really good, you might have to throw in some super ninja Jedi Master chunky Norris fire for effect moves....:D

Jimbo

Buy many dollars worth of raffle tickets.

I bought $10 worth of raffle tix this past weekend, plus dropped in a pilot ticket for each flight I made. Didnt win a damn thing.....

I was at a meet this last weekend. Almost all of the prizes were won by the "local" guys. I later found out that they had purchased well over $1,000 worth of raffle tickets. So much for encouraging visiting pilots, many of whom spent $100+ just for gas and motel. Guess that money NOT spent by the local guys went into the raffle. Oh Well....lesson learned!

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Here is my belief:

Most of the raffles at our events SUPPORT the event itself. In other words, without the raffle, NO EVENT! SO, if I look at my ticket purchases as a donation to SUPPORT the event and NOT, "I hope I win something", I think that I have a better chance at winning! Good Karma?...maybe!

With that being said, I don't ever seem to win anything at the fly-ins I have attended, but seem to do okay when I buy tickets (donate) at my kids' events! WEIRD....or maybe just the law of averages!!!

Regards,

Astro

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Spats;16365 wrote: Change your name to Geno:victorious:

In Geno's defense (and I KNOW how many tickets he has bought! :greedy_dollars:), he has been a tremendous$ $upporter of the Wenatchee event!!

The only thing is, it seems he must be using THE FORCE on the ticket puller to have his ticket pulled when the prize he WANTS is next up!

Regards,

Astro

I have the opposite of the luck of the Irish. I never win anything. If there are any tickets in there that don't have my number those will be drawn. I have just accepted that without bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Do-rag

100cc
Buy as many tickets as you are comfortable buying and if you win great if not you have provided needed support for the event or club. Best advice I give is do not be disappointed if you do not win.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

SleepyC;16333 wrote: Ok.. this past weekend marked my longest streak in RC history. For the past 10 years I have never won one single thing at a pilots or charity raffle. I typically buy $20 worth of tickets and never win anything. i'm not complaining just courious on what I am doing wrong?!?!

My track record is closer to 15 years with never a win. I call it a contribution now.