• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How big is the D.OG.S. Fly-in?

I'm thinking about going up to Dayton over the Labor Day weekend. Always heard the D.OG.S. Fly-in s a good one and I've never been in the USAF Museum. The website says over 20k people attended last year? That's more than 6k a day. If this is a real number, this Fly-in is bigger than Joe Nall. Or, does this include holiday museum traffic?

SleepyC

150cc
The DOGS show was HUGE several years ago, and then two camps of people sort of split. The Warbird guys started going to another show and the rest stayed at the DOGS show.

That being said, the show is AWESOME. Flying on the runway with the museum behind you is really cool. And they still get 100+ pilots now. The 20,000 number comes from the general public. They promote the show well and get a LOT of spectators. Enough that the grand stands fill up and there are always people milling about.

The DOGS guys are really nice guys and the show is professionally run, so basically I totally recommend going, you will have a very nice weekend!

Bipeguy03

150cc
It is really one of the bigger shows in the northern part of the country, and it is a complete blast!

The one thing to remember is this an AIRSHOW, meaning there is open flying until around 11 or noon and then it is time for the show which can run upwards of 3 hours.

Saturday nights are awesome, you get a free after hours tour of the museum and sometimes they have a movie in the IMAX theater along with raffles.

It is worth the trip and you wont be disappointed, Blane and crew really put on a great show!

Here are some pics from 2012, the last year it was at the museum, so glad to have it back there!!

dogs1.jpg
dogs2.jpg
dogs3.jpg
dogs4.jpg
dogs5.jpg
dogs6.jpg

The attendance numbers vary between actual pilots and spectators. 15 years ago, there were upwards of 200 pilots, and 30k spectators. Now they are lucky to have 75-100 pilots. But they have 6 pilot stations and there are between 1 and 6 aircraft up at all times.

If you are planning on flying, it is an open flight line, basically, if it flies, you can fly it, atleast this was 2 years ago, when I was there last.