• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hitec Aurora 9X

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yessir. would be very interested in some of the new brushless and high precision servos...and ofcourse the a9x

hone

150cc
Well here is a little something from Mike, "Ok guys... I'll answer any question I can but some insight into our thought process first:

The Aurora is an incredible platform but fell short in some areas... The 9X shores these areas up and allows for even further enhancements where the current radios memory was capped out.

1. Performance:
a. 4096 resolution (4 times better/ 2X better than Futaba and Spektrum)
b. Dual processors (one for programming, one for RF)
c. Re Engineered signal processing so the Optima RX performance is twice as fast (19ms frame vs. 41ms)
d. New Maxima RX's (Non Telemetry) have a 7ms frame which outputs all channels simultaneously for the absolute minimum latency. (FBL version in the works)

2. Case design:
a. Slimmer back with integrated stylus pen.
b. Vibration warning in rubber grip
c. Battery connector uses J plug (no plugging in backwards)
d. A & D switches are now 3-pos.

3. SLT: This is built in and selectable. With this protocol being open, any manufacturer could offer models compatible with it. EDIT:more info from Mike on this(SLT: Compatible with any TX-R model made by G.P. or any company that utilizes the protocol which we expect to expand significantly. Hitec will not offer a stand alone SLT RX but future BnF "Hitec" branded models (Many more planned) will utilize it thus keeping the cost down. )

4. Head tracking: The 9X will support this.

5. Binding/protocol select: Built into the programming... no pushing buttons (except of the RX.)

6. Programming enhancements:
a. 7- point curves on all mixes
b. Stick activated switches
c. Swash ring (Kinda late of this one)
d. There's more, but I'm not listing everything.

Essentially, our goal was to update an already awesome product and not to change the category it was in by adding things that would significantly add cost. Note that the current A9 will not be discontinued. I am very pleased with the updated version and while it might not be a big enough jump for some to change, it does address the shortcoming of the current radio and allows us to compete better with any high performance radio on the market today reguardless of cost. Yes, we know that some wanted more channels but at this time, that was not possible and what % actually can use more than nine anyway? The Aurora essentially changed the landscape of the radio market and the 9X will be a tremendous bang for the buck offering higher performance, resolution, speed, and versatility for the future to further change that landscape!

Mike"

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
Well here is a little something from Mike, "Ok guys... I'll answer any question I can but some insight into our thought process first:

The Aurora is an incredible platform but fell short in some areas... The 9X shores these areas up and allows for even further enhancements where the current radios memory was capped out.

1. Performance:
a. 4096 resolution (4 times better/ 2X better than Futaba and Spektrum)
b. Dual processors (one for programming, one for RF)
c. Re Engineered signal processing so the Optima RX performance is twice as fast (19ms frame vs. 41ms)
d. New Maxima RX's (Non Telemetry) have a 7ms frame which outputs all channels simultaneously for the absolute minimum latency. (FBL version in the works)

2. Case design:
a. Slimmer back with integrated stylus pen.
b. Vibration warning in rubber grip
c. Battery connector uses J plug (no plugging in backwards)
d. A & D switches are now 3-pos.

3. SLT: This is built in and selectable. With this protocol being open, any manufacturer could offer models compatible with it. EDIT:more info from Mike on this(SLT: Compatible with any TX-R model made by G.P. or any company that utilizes the protocol which we expect to expand significantly. Hitec will not offer a stand alone SLT RX but future BnF "Hitec" branded models (Many more planned) will utilize it thus keeping the cost down. )

4. Head tracking: The 9X will support this.

5. Binding/protocol select: Built into the programming... no pushing buttons (except of the RX.)

6. Programming enhancements:
a. 7- point curves on all mixes
b. Stick activated switches
c. Swash ring (Kinda late of this one)
d. There's more, but I'm not listing everything.

Essentially, our goal was to update an already awesome product and not to change the category it was in by adding things that would significantly add cost. Note that the current A9 will not be discontinued. I am very pleased with the updated version and while it might not be a big enough jump for some to change, it does address the shortcoming of the current radio and allows us to compete better with any high performance radio on the market today reguardless of cost. Yes, we know that some wanted more channels but at this time, that was not possible and what % actually can use more than nine anyway? The Aurora essentially changed the landscape of the radio market and the 9X will be a tremendous bang for the buck offering higher performance, resolution, speed, and versatility for the future to further change that landscape!

Mike"

That is awesome new's..
I like the latency, and many of the other features.. Looks like Hitec did their homework and improved on an already GREAT product..I really like the bind function not having to push the module button!
I have had the a-9 since it's release so mine is getting ready for service or a new one for a spare..
I do want more channels however.. Most aerobats use no more than 9 channels however if you dont want to run a power ex-pander there aren't enough ports for battery plug-in running multiple switch to battery inputs and still utilize all channels for all servo programming instead of y'ing,ect in my 35-40 percenters. But I dont mind my smart fly. I would miss the Pin and Flag switch's!
However I will be adding the 9x to my list as soon as they hit the shelves:) I have used my A0 countless times from foamy hucking to 42% aerobats, to jets and never a hitch! Need a replacement anyhow

Last edited by a moderator: