• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hitec A9 vs A9x--Will Optima RX's be able to take advantage of improvements?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi,

I am considering a new Hitec A9x. The question I have is whether or not I will see any latency improvements while keeping the Optima rx's I already have. Or will I need to get new Maxima rx's to see improvements?

Thanks in advance

-Nate

P.S. I hear you are the expert [MENTION=2650]Mike Mayberry[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I've yet to try the A9x but you SHOULD be able to tell the difference. Going from a A9 to 8fg was very noticeable and the A9x is supposed to be even faster.

Mike Mayberry

New to GSN!
You absolutely will... the 9X is twice as fast as the A9 using the optima RX and the resolution is four times better which actually makes a much bigger difference than I had expected. If you use the Maxima RX, it is then three times faster again or six times faster than the original.

Mike.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sweet deal that you don't have to replace all your RX to still gain a big improvement

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You absolutely will... the 9X is twice as fast as the A9 using the optima RX and the resolution is four times better which actually makes a much bigger difference than I had expected. If you use the Maxima RX, it is then three times faster again or six times faster than the original.

Mike.

Thanks! Exactly the info I needed. As I become a better pilot I am starting to notice that certain things with a lot of stick action feel a little disconnected compared with realflight etc. I think I may be outgrowing the A9.