• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help With Motor Timing and Poor Throttle Response (Gecko 120HV)

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
I guess I should post this video here too. I took it yesterday to illustrate the power of the 12S setup on the Hacker A60-7S 215Kv 28 pole motor with the 20x8 PJN. The DM4330-216Kv should do about the same. The ESC here is the very expensive Mezon 95 OPTO, but my Ice2 HV80 that cost me $95 off eBay responds exactly the same. My 18 year old son Tom is flying.

[video=youtube;dqp2TTgMqRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqp2TTgMqRk[/video]

AKfreak

150cc
Tom flys extremely well. and this is how the power is on my extra now. I use the Castle. I hope that the Gecko gets ironed out soon because it is just sitting there wasted. I hope it is all sorted by June when I build the new prototype

Tim H.

50cc
VERY nice flying! I'm going to send my DM 4330 in to have it rewound for a 12s setup. I have 6s 3300's for my 60" birds and the 6s 5000's for my bigger stuff. After flying the 74" Edge on a 6s 5000 and Hacker A60-6xs, I'm ready to try 12s on it. I have the Motrolfly motor sitting doing nothing, but it's wound for 6s and 19x10 prop (can't remember kv off the top of my head).

I'm waiting anxiously for the Gecko update... :popcorn: :veryshocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Hey, guys -- just a quick update. I spoke with ZTW tonight and they are finishing up the firmware update which will hopefully be sent to us soon. We'll probably have Gary or some other guinea pigs :) test it first then release it to everyone once we know everything is good.

Garret

AKfreak

150cc
Hey, guys -- just a quick update. I spoke with ZTW tonight and they are finishing up the firmware update which will hopefully be sent to us soon. We'll probably have Gary or some other guinea pigs :) test it first then release it to everyone once we know everything is good.

Garret

Let me test it... Ewe ewww pick me. I know exactly what the problem is/was and won't sugar coat my findings.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2

Garret

Good news. I'll update the boyz on the power thread.

I took apart the airplane that was using this ESC and I waiting on the new AJ laser to put it in. Otherwise I would beta test for you.