• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

help with battery share and?

Hello guys and gals. I am building my first Aeroworks freestyle 30 cc I have a JR 921 witch has two battery ports. Now what would like to know I have battery share from smart fly should i use it too or will it really make a difference when I am already running th Jr 921 ? Oh yea I am running two life 7.4 1800 may 20 packs. Thanks any help will do p.s. love the site ✈?

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Those things are a waste of money IMO especially on a 30cc

Don't fall for the drivel that batteries can discharge into one another and drain the good one, that takes hours or days.

2 batteries, two switches and voila you have redundant power.

Personally on anything 50cc and below I use one A123 pack that runs the ignition and receiver with a Tech Aero IBEC powering the ignition and acting as an optical kill

Over thinking to the T.

My SlipStream 30cc MX2 needed some nose weight on it, so instead of having multiple packs in the airframe, I opted for 1 FromeCo 5200 powering the entire airframe and ignition system. Stuck the pack inside the motor box area and flew it, still needed a touch more weight up front, but it was so much lighter from going away from the NiMH packs that was in it! :)

Don't worry too much about the BatShare. Drop the pack size down to some 1100's, dual switches and forget about the rest! :)