• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Canada

EricNB

New to GSN!
Hello everyone! I found this forum while doing some searching for info on a scratch build I'm looking to start come this fall. Lots of knowledge and information on here!
I'm from North Bay, Ontario, Canada. I am part of the local club NIPMAC
Lookig forward to being a part of the "community" here in the forums.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
looking at scratchbuilding a Ultra Hots this winter, along with a Great Planes Cap 21 60-90size.(old old kit)
I remember the Great Planes Cap 21 very well. The club I was in years ago used to have a builders contest every year. In one category they would pick a kit that you could buy at a discounted price at the local hobby shop. The Great Planes Cap 21 was the subject in 1985 I think it was. While we had some great builders in the club, most of the guys that built the Cap weren't great flyers so very few of them survived for long. I always wanted to build one back then, but never did.

EricNB

New to GSN!
I remember the Great Planes Cap 21 very well. The club I was in years ago used to have a builders contest every year. In one category they would pick a kit that you could buy at a discounted price at the local hobby shop. The Great Planes Cap 21 was the subject in 1985 I think it was. While we had some great builders in the club, most of the guys that built the Cap weren't great flyers so very few of them survived for long. I always wanted to build one back then, but never did.
I think many Cap 21 wound up crashed as they were a bit easy to tip stall/snap if you tried to fly it like most rc planes. Im am aware of its tendencies and hopefully once it flies will have more success than some. I just wish I could find more info on the build of this plane. But being ao old there isnt a whole lot to be found. Im anxious to start come winter though!