• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hanger 9 Extra 300 CG location

I have a new/used Hanger 9 35% extra 300 that just needs to be balanced out. Per the instructions, it states that the CG is 4" to 4 3/4" off the tip of the WING TIP.

I just have to get her balanced out and then she can be put in the air. Does anyone or did anyone ever have this plane, and if so where did you find the CG at?

Thanks

Pete

Mine is balanced more towards the 4 3/4 range. I don't remember exactly but I set it up and it was pretty close to where I like it. But it is within the recommended CG range though.

If your is like mine with a single rudder servo on the tail, DA120 (light) and RE2 tuned pipes it will be hard to get the CG at the most forward point. I have a heavy truturn spinner also with 2300 A123 batteries in the motor box. Im thinking of going to canisters and all HV this winter. Love the tuned pipes and the power but having an issue with the rpm range in a hover. Does not seem to hold steady and I'm not that good with the throttle burping.

Last edited:

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Mine has da120 stock muffs 3 spektrum 4000 mah batts. One on motor box and 2 in forward position like manual says. Also single rudder servo in tail