• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What's up with the stock wing bolts? Sorry to hear about the rudder hinge woes. :(

Gent
The nylon bolts don't seem to like the blind nuts in the wing. I can screw a 1/4 - 20 right in the hole, but the nylon bolts go in a few turns then stop and start twisting. A few of them work, but I prefer the Secraft ones.

I'm paddling in the same boat with Jetpainter. Xmas busted my toy account. So my bird is still trapped in the box :(:(:(. I really hate to get it out and then have to stop as I await parts. I hope to order the servo's in the next 2 weeks. I really want to get one of the new Booma distribution boxes that they had at Joe Nall. But they seem to be having production issues. It's frustrating not being able to get going!
Gent

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm paddling in the same boat with Jetpainter. Xmas busted my toy account. So my bird is still trapped in the box :(:(:(. I really hate to get it out and then have to stop as I await parts. I hope to order the servo's in the next 2 weeks. I really want to get one of the new Booma distribution boxes that they had at Joe Nall. But they seem to be having production issues. It's frustrating not being able to get going!
Gent
You right about Booma the stuff they had at Niall is not showing up anywhere. Let us know you find out what's happening.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I really want to get one of the new Booma distribution boxes that they had at Joe Nall. But they seem to be having production issues.

You right about Booma the stuff they had at Niall is not showing up anywhere. Let us know you find out what's happening.

I was interested in one of the Smart Bus boxes as well. I emailed them about a month ago and they said they would be on the website in about a week, but still nothing.

lol same here they told me they'd be ready to start shipping in 2 weeks. that was before xmas! NADA
I'm after the Smart Buss Extreme pkg. Which one are you interested in?
Gent

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just got caught up on your thread. Danged Pitts has had me so side tracked. Kind of sucks to hear you've had issues with this already. I can only offer from what experience I've had with H-9 products. Horizon was beyond understanding, respectful and workable when I had issues with the now gasserized Cessna. I truly feel you'll get satisfactory resolution to your "lumpy" wing problem. I will say also, that H-9 doesn't seem to have the "qc" Pilot, Extreme Flight or Krill has. However the Sukhoi was and is unbelievably impeccable. Maybe because Mike was overseeing every facet of production. I'm surprised that since the new Extra is also his baby, that it has issues. Maybe this one just somehow slipped through. But I also fully believe that knowing the tenacity, perfection and skill you possess, once completed that new bad ass ride will be nothing short of spectacular. :way_to_go:

Can't wait for you to finish it so you can send it to me to maiden.
hearty-laugh.gif

Now get busy! Spring is coming.
hurry-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Just got caught up on your thread. Danged Pitts has had me so side tracked. Kind of sucks to hear you've had issues with this already. I can only offer from what experience I've had with H-9 products. Horizon was beyond understanding, respectful and workable when I had issues with the now gasserized Cessna. I truly feel you'll get satisfactory resolution to your "lumpy" wing problem. I will say also, that H-9 doesn't seem to have the "qc" Pilot, Extreme Flight or Krill has. However the Sukhoi was and is unbelievably impeccable. Maybe because Mike was overseeing every facet of production. I'm surprised that since the new Extra is also his baby, that it has issues. Maybe this one just somehow slipped through. But I also fully believe that knowing the tenacity, perfection and skill you possess, once completed that new bad ass ride will be nothing short of spectacular. :way_to_go:

Can't wait for you to finish it so you can send it to me to maiden.
View attachment 92995

Now get busy! Spring is coming.View attachment 92996

I believe this one is actually Ali Machinchy's project based on Mikes design. Mike is no longer with the company.
I'm pretty sure Hangar 9 will make everything right. I need to get on that since I'm finally starting to gather parts for it.