• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Doug,

How does their hardware compare to RTL Fasteners? I'm guessing they are just as good. I hope so because I just ordered some screws & stuff for my Jug.
I've been using them for several years and everything I've gotten is top notch. Plus the selection, price, and shipping are all good.:yesss:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Doug,

Your hardware place is surprising. I ordered my servo screws last night at 11:30pm and I got an email from Paypal this morning that my order has been shipped. That is KILLER customer service. They will be getting more of my business, that's for sure. . . . . . . :yesss:. Thanks again for hooking me up.

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
Hey! I'm pretty cool with a lot of the horizon guys, being I live 30 mins from there club at Eli field and they brought a plane back from Nall that I bought because I didn't have enuff room in my ride hah. There all pretty cool guys. I'll see them tomorrow and let them know the deal and see what I can do for ya. Not promising anything, but I'll try. They all know me pretty good and know that we gave that plane away on here.

True, but basically this was bought by Paul @GSNadmin as a gift. So, hopefully they will treat it like they would someones Christmas present.:)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey! I'm pretty cool with a lot of the horizon guys, being I live 30 mins from there club at Eli field and they brought a plane back from Nall that I bought because I didn't have enuff room in my ride hah. There all pretty cool guys. I'll see them tomorrow and let them know the deal and see what I can do for ya. Not promising anything, but I'll try. They all know me pretty good and know that we gave that plane away on here.
Cool, thanks! The guy there that has my wing is Doug B. I called there today and they couldn't tell me anything since he wasn't there. He's supposed to be working tomorrow. I didn't know they worked Sundays. Maybe I'll hear from him who knows.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Still nothing from Horizon, I guess I'll try to call again tomorrow.:(

I've been working on my homemade canister mount. It's looking pretty good I think. It doesn't weigh much more than the stock one.

20170603_223521_resized_1.jpg
20170605_210111_resized.jpg
20170605_215437_resized.jpg
20170605_210500_resized.jpg
20170605_210435_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I thought an aluminum one since it can be smaller would have better air flow around it. The stock wooden one blocks off quite a bit of the tunnel.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well still no word from Horizon. They've had my wing since last Wednesday. I'll try calling again tomorrow and see what happens.

I was checking out the fuel tank tonight. They mount this one behind the wing tube which is kind of odd, but from everything I've read they work fine there. My problem, is the stock tanks outlets are set really high in the tank, and mine come out in the center so the wing tube is in the way.

I could use PSP fittings and make one which raises the vent and fill line, but the clunk line still comes out in the center. I could move the tank in front of the tube, which I've seen other people do. I'll need to give it some thought.

20170606_221628_resized.jpg
20170606_220149_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well here it is, the final response from Horizon about my left wing. It's pretty much what I expected after the conversations I've had with them up to this point.

Doug,

Sorry for the late response but unfortunately the Designer was away on business until today. We had him inspect the wing for flaws either cosmetically or aerodynamically and his exact words were "This is well within specs for this style of airplane" and also added that he would not be afraid to install this wing on the one that he owns personally. He also suggested that if the customer is looking for something with less tolerance in the specs and a more precise model he/she would need to look into a composite plane. We will be shipping your original wing back to you and it should ship in the nexr 24 hours.
your shipping order is: K451458

Best regards,

Doug B.
Product Support
Horizon Hobby, LLC

So, I guess that means if you want a nice airplane don't buy one of theirs since lumps in the wing sheeting, an aileron that is 3/16" thinner than the wing, a cowl ring that's not glued in, a rudder that looks like a washboard, a canopy that has well more than an 1/8" gap between it and the cowl are all "within specs" for a Hangar 9 airplane.

Funny how none of the other brand ARF's I've owned, worked on, or had friends that owned looked like that.

Last edited: