• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Greetings all....

Hello,
Just got lucky enough to find the 'new place'. I'm just getting back involved in the Hobby after taking about a 5 year break. I'd just really gotten started in the larger scale planes when 'life' got in the way. Currently the hanger has a couple of foamies for the backyard, a 'Something Extra', fun but you know... a Hog Bipe, which actually is a lot of fun to fly, an old Aeromaster that has seen better days but I still love the way it looks in the air, and a GP Ultimate with a Brison 50 on it, which is definately my #1. Several projects that i've got to clean the cobwebs off of and get finished up, One of which is an old Lanier Giles 202. I'm planning on getting that finished up after I get everything else airworthy with some new batteries, etc. Planning on getting a new radio before next spring, since all my old gear is all 72mhz stuff. Maybe stuff a 2.4 module in my Futaba super 9 and use it too...

My background goes back to learning to fly RC with a Jr. Falcon with a Citizenship Mule Xmtr and a Superhet recr with a Royal servo. Yes, i know... that dates me a bit. Since then it's been a bit of everything... with the exception of helicopters. Just never could get past the idea of a whole bunch of parts flying in a very tight formation.

I love to build, and have been looking for a new project, and think I may have found one with a Fibertech Chippy. After reading through the Viper build (fantastic build thread!), and guessing that the chippy is probably the same type of construction, i've got to get one of these!

Looking forward to getting the thumbs re-acquainted with a xmitr this spring. Thinking very hard about trying my hand at IMAC, but there doesn't seem to be any local interest! I'm stuck in Central Illinois, and haven't seen any IMAC contests around here in ages, just old guys boring holes in the sky.

Anyways... Glad to see a new promising site now in the #1 spot on my bookmarks! Keep up the good work.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
:welcome: Pull up a chair and get busy on that Ultimate. I have one with EME55, good little flyer

Attachments

• DSCF3083.JPG
    DSCF3083.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 336

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
:welcome:
I also had a few year hiatus from flying, just got back into it this summer. Amazed at how fast the thumbs remembered! We definitely have some builders here with some incredible skills, I learn something new every day from their threads!

thurmma

150cc
Welcome to GSN. There are a great bunch of people here and a lot of laid back conversations! Grab a brew and chill with GSN!

hmmm like the brew theme going on here. I've got a batch of homebrew in the fermenting stage right now. Nothing like homemade Hefeweisein.