• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP Evo 176

FINALLY got to do a quick tune on my GP176 EVO with the Planebender smooth pipes. HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This engine I have a feeling is going to be a beast. The transition on this brand new engine with less than 60oz of fuel through it is butter smooth and linear. No pipe transition peaks at all. Just smooth like it was on cans or mufflers. I am using slightly modified DA150 headers and they are 13" long. Based on my current results I probably will not cut them down to 12.5" unless there was evidence to do so. My test props were all Mejzlik. 30-13, 31-12, and 29-12N 3 blade. The 30-13 was the peak RPM in the high 6500 low 6600 RPM range. I had no cowl so I suspect the air rushing past it cause the slight variations in RPMs. The 29-12 3 blade was in the 6500 range while the 31-12 was in the 6300 RPM range. OH, and the power was almost instant. It was not a build up of power but it was pretty much there. Especially on the 3 blade and 30-13. The pipes are really quite and you really just seem to hear prop noise. The only thing I will likely miss a little but I will get over it over the RE3's is the RE3's had that cool idle sound (sorry Dave). The vibrations do seem less than my previous 170 I had and I only expect to get better once the rings seat in and I can lean out the low end even more. All these RPM readings are from what I can remember about 300 RPM higher than my DA170 RE3 combo I had.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
FINALLY got to do a quick tune on my GP176 EVO with the Planebender smooth pipes. HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This engine I have a feeling is going to be a beast. The transition on this brand new engine with less than 60oz of fuel through it is butter smooth and linear. No pipe transition peaks at all. Just smooth like it was on cans or mufflers. I am using slightly modified DA150 headers and they are 13" long. Based on my current results I probably will not cut them down to 12.5" unless there was evidence to do so. My test props were all Mejzlik. 30-13, 31-12, and 29-12N 3 blade. The 30-13 was the peak RPM in the high 6500 low 6600 RPM range. I had no cowl so I suspect the air rushing past it cause the slight variations in RPMs. The 29-12 3 blade was in the 6500 range while the 31-12 was in the 6300 RPM range. OH, and the power was almost instant. It was not a build up of power but it was pretty much there. Especially on the 3 blade and 30-13. The pipes are really quite and you really just seem to hear prop noise. The only thing I will likely miss a little but I will get over it over the RE3's is the RE3's had that cool idle sound (sorry Dave). The vibrations do seem less than my previous 170 I had and I only expect to get better once the rings seat in and I can lean out the low end even more. All these RPM readings are from what I can remember about 300 RPM higher than my DA170 RE3 combo I had.

Well...... if I was going to do a 42 center a GP176 would be a priority after watching it on your first flights. That engine "slapped"
your Sukhoi around like Ike and Tina!!lol