• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 88 EVO thread

Just bought a gp 88 for my 91" Extra and Id like to know if any of you guys have run them and what props you liked and just everything else about them for that matter. Gonna be a fun combo for sure:popcorn:

jonesjj

New to GSN!
I to just picked up an 88 for my GS P47 it will be a while before I get it going as that project is slated for the bench after the GS spitfire and possibly the GS Zero, Zero will have the 61 in it. Looking forward to getting the GP eng.'s in the air I have heard good things about them I am the first in my area to get one so every one is waiting on me to get mine going to see some real world results.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hi guys, anyone had a run in for this engine, i'm considering options for a large Tucano model and this engine looks like a good match spec wise.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Hi guys, anyone had a run in for this engine, i'm considering options for a large Tucano model and this engine looks like a good match spec wise.
Jack,
I've got the GP123 twin on my 104" extra and clocked up some 600 flights this year with it on Proflo Cans. Apart from a dicky Rxcel sensor it has been fantastic. I'd say if your looking for a great single for the Tocano, go ahead and order the GP88EVO. I've heard nothing but great reports about it.

I am planning the GP176EVO for my 3m IMAC plane in 2015 once I decide on the airframe of course. 21HP from a 176 twin sounds awesome.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
My concern [MENTION=19]Bigroger[/MENTION] is the vibes, this is not a composite, all wood construction, I've yet to see an 80+ single that doesn't vibe to hell and back

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I've never seen the GP88 Jack, but all accounts is it makes the DA85 seem like it is having a fit!!

Apparently the GP88 is very smooth for a big single.

I don't know of any single that is gonna be dead smooth though.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
If it has the vibe range around a 60cc then i'll be happy, will need to measure up my cowl and see if she will fit without extra mods.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Kinda don't have much of a choice for IC with a bird like that.

Maybe the DA100 inline twin, but its really just two DA50 bolted back to back, so probably gonna have some vibes unless they cycle them out of phase to cancel out each other.

Go onto FG and look for the 88EVO thread. A lot of guys in the USA swear by the 88EVO.