• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-123

hone

150cc
Anyone know what size the muffler bolts are? I want to get some different bolts and some nordlock washer. I believe they're M5 but I wanted to double check before I order.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I wish... got rained out this weekend. There were some small breaks in the weather, but I did some family activities instead. Will have plenty of time to fly it in Austin this coming weekend :)

Too bad about the rain. Have fun at the event though :)

What prop are you going to run to start?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Too bad about the rain. Have fun at the event though :)

What prop are you going to run to start?

I've got a 28B Vess Stealth bolted on right now. I've also got an older (read thicker hub and slightly heavier) Mej 28x12 I can use, plus Enterprise's big mej 29x10s to try out if needed.

You changed from the falcon 29x9 right?

hone

150cc
I haven't changed the prop yet but I have a CF Falcon 27x11 sitting here that I'll put on soon. Hopefully before I go fly again.

Just for reference I talked to Tony at DA about a friends 120 on canisters for a prop selection and the 29x10s became the recommendation based on what this guy wants. I had thought a 28x10 evo would work, but he thought that would be a ripper. I really like the response on the 27x11. I changed to a Mej 27x12TH and it seems very similar. I need to get RPM data to plug into the spreadsheet as it should be more thrust. Be interesting to see RPM data on the props I lent Gyro for comparison as I mostly ran those on my RE2 DA-120.