• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 123

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Was able to install the GP123 headers and some cans today. Had to reposition the throttle servo a little but other than that an easy install.

GP123 Headers & Cans.jpg

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
How have these engines been working for everyone? These still look interesting to me and was waiting to see how they hold up.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm interested to know as well. I have a GP61 that I've got about 4 hrs of flight time on, and a little more than 2.5 gallons through. So far it's been excellent. Gobs of power and very smooth.

Twister

70cc twin V2
I have a GP61 in a 87" extra with 5 gallons of hard 3d thru it and it still running like a top. My Gp123 in a 108" extra has 11 gallons thru it and it is a beast. I had smooth pipes on it but had to take them off , Just too much power. I now have proflo's and it's still like a 10cc foamy lol

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
If you notice not many gp's end up for sale on crying Giants. If they do they don't last long "Mins". Sure are a lot of da for sale "fresh from da for "warranty work" lol

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Wha
Was able to install the GP123 headers and some cans today. Had to reposition the throttle servo a little but other than that an easy install.

View attachment 41553
ts the red tape on your headers. Normally it's just Teflon. Are you adding something to make them stronger? Always looking for new ways so I don't have to solder knuckle headers

Is it true that some GPs were found to contain some DA parts?

Not trying to start a fight, just want to see if anybody knows anything about that.

BJ Swope

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I think some of the very first ones but I believe all parts are gp for a while now. The new gp heads are sweet heat treated top shelf quality

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Wha

ts the red tape on your headers. Normally it's just Teflon. Are you adding something to make them stronger? Always looking for new ways so I don't have to solder knuckle headers

It's some type of silicone self-fusing tape. There are several brands available; I think this is from Home Depot. Packaging says E-Z Fuse Tape. I've wrapped it over the teflon tape hoping it will provide some additional support to the flexible section of the headers.

Another brand is called "Rescue Tape".

http://www.rescuetape.com/

As to the performance of my GP123; 98 flights and just over 12 gallons thru the engine; approx 21 run hours. Very strong engine and no complaints. I would purchase another GP123 if I needed one.

Last edited: