• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gluing removable stabilizers

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I know of at least one big ARF that the stabs are glued in....the Hangar 9 Beast. Never had a need to remove them....although I'v never needed to remove any of my Extra/Raven stabs....except when we moved!

BTW Bart....I'd be happy to maiden your Challenger :dancing-chicken:

are you really in Lumberville? that's only 25 minutes from me (if there's traffic on the Frenchtown Bridge)!
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pit...a73176da2d2cd4!2m2!1d-75.0379477!2d40.4067717

you can maiden it if you'd like, i'd be honored frankly. i think i can handle it but i'm personally vested at this point so it might be stressful for me!

@Terryscustom that's why i like fixing up beaters, i enjoy flying them so much more than nice airplanes!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
No schnit....Pittstown, NJ!

Yes, i'm in Lumberville. Where do you fly? And what's your schedule look like the next few days? I'm a member of WGRC, field is just north of Dolyestown (611 & Township Line Rd)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Pittstown.....does it get any better?

I fly at two different fields, one is a sod farm, the other is kinda low key so i'll tell you about it when i see you (and then i'll have to kill you). i can drive to you but i need to go over the plane one last time to make sure everything is secure. the engine is second hand but low time so i'll try to get it set up before i get there. this is good actually, you fly it, i'll shoot video for the website!

Thursday or Friday morning work for you?

Bart

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Pittstown.....does it get any better?

I fly at two different fields, one is a sod farm, the other is kinda low key so i'll tell you about it when i see you (and then i'll have to kill you). i can drive to you but i need to go over the plane one last time to make sure everything is secure. the engine is second hand but low time so i'll try to get it set up before i get there. this is good actually, you fly it, i'll shoot video for the website!

Thursday or Friday morning work for you?

Bart
Either day, but the morning sun sucks at WGRC.....doesn't get out of your eyes until 11'ish.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pit...018d1c!2m2!1d-74.9793243!2d40.5846556!1m0!3e0
Weather looks great. I can come your way as well???

Last edited: