• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Getting Kids involved in RC?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
He'll get there is Dad allows him to have fun, and doesn't ram it down his throat.
How many guys show up to the field and get a single flight in, and then sit around yacking all day! We call them the spectator/members. They are just little boys who ... Ew! Shiney....

I think that's main thing, is to not force him to do it. We actually just got back from the field, and lunch with the guys, @emtp275 took a few pics of him hold his Heli.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
@ChickenBalls just wait till I bring the 1/8 scale race buggy out there and let him have at it lol you'll be buying car parts and nitro before you know it

Well if he takes to that Heli Mr. Herb gave him for xmas, i'm slashing his tires on the Lexus. I guess not much difference than the quads he got from Nall last year. Buggy you say, nitro? If my knife isn't to dull from slashing Herbs tires, I'll cut you.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_1921.JPG IMG_2475.JPG IMG_2477.JPG IMG_2480.JPG IMG_2485.JPG IMG_2487.JPG IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2475.JPG Decal Dennis. here are a few kids I have gotten interested The little guy with the profile is my grandson he loves flying the profile The others are from Hay Springs Neb We had a blast a few times with the whole group, two are now flying and soloed RC Pilots

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Look very close at the photo of Their mother and grandmother and two youngest boys in the upper right corner the oldest son is flying one of his electrics that we repaired and test flew and trimmed for him so he could fly the kageebas out of it when he got back home on the ranch in Hay Springs Neb.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All children follow the beat of their own drum it seems. They grow up to love to fish, love to hunt, golf or four wheelin'. Something that sets them apart from everyone else. I have friends that do the hunting, fishing, golfing and wheelin' thing. They shake their head at me and go...."WHY"? Cuz flying has been a passion for me since I was smaller than a jack rabbit. My son was also my "little man". He did everything I did. We went four wheelin' together, built and rode motorcycles, motors for trucks. We even did the hunting thing. I think if it is in the blood, it stays there. When my son and I first got into this hobby, his passion was so huge he just had to do it too. He saved his own money, and built literally on the garage floor his very first plane from a box. I tipped him from time to time, but he has always been a challenge taker. That and...anything Dad could do, he was going to do better. I applaud him for that. His first plane was not the "straightest" as you all can imagine, but it did in fact fly very well. I think from that point on, he was hooked. Guide them, direct them, give them the tools and they will build you a whole new world. But it is so important to let them "be"...who they are going to be.